Research Associate (Postdoctoral Researcher)
We currently seek candidates well-trained in immunology and the biological sciences, preferably with exposure and knowledge in nano-medicine. You will also be expected to stay current on relevant literature related to the research projects (particularly immunology and nanomedicine), write manuscripts and funding applications such as fellowships, and mentor graduate and undergraduate students in the lab.
This position is a 12-month fixed term appointment. Renewal of position is based on funding and performance.
Review of applications began on October 15, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
Projects in the lab include:
- Development of selective innate nano-immunotherapies
- Immunoimaging approaches using nanomaterials based on magnetic, nuclear, and optical imaging modalities
- Intracellular in vivo nanomechanics of diseased and immune cells
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing laboratory work: cell culture, animal handling, high-dimensional flow cytometry, biochemical assays, other immunological assays (e.g., cytokine, differentiation/activation, and T-cell response assays), handling biological characterization of nanomaterials, and microscopy, including work with mouse and pig models
- In vivo imaging of immunological/nano interactions in mouse and pig models
- Data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation
- Operating and maintaining scientific instruments
- Maintaining lab notebook and protocols
- A PhD or MD/PhD in immunology, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in immunology and biological sciences or related field is required.
- Nanotechnology/chemistry and/or imaging expertise is preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are necessary.
- Extensive experience with immunology is required and nano-chemistry/characterization is preferred but unnecessary.
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV), the names/contact information of at least three references, and a cover letter describing relevant research experience and fit with this position.
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue, and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
- Work with animals or unfixed animal tissue.